1. Lance Corporals must have at a minimum 12 months TIG, and have a letter of recommendation signed by their Commanding Officer, along with pro and con marks of 4.6/4.6.or higher. These should be attached to the recommendation letter.(Can be waived by Station Sergeant Major)
2. All students must have a minimum of 1-year left on their current contract in order to be eligible to participate in the course. (Can be waived by your Commanding Officer or Sergeant Major, include a signed waiver with screening checklist)
3. Students may not be recalled back to their work section during the 4 week course. Ensure students have taken care of all personal matters and appointments prior to commencement of course.
4. There is no longer a formal wall locker inspection, but Marines will have uniform inspections throughout the course and are expected to have all uniforms ready prior to attending the course
5. Students will bring additional PT gear and boots for PT.
6. Marines must have completed and passed a PFT within 30 days of reporting and be within height and weight standards. Must be verified by the Marines SgtMaj, 1stSgt or OIC.
7. Students will take 2 written comp exams, and will be evaluated on Sword and Guidon Manual, Conduct a 5 minute TMI, Land navigation, and a PFT/CFT.
8. Commands are always welcome to check on their Marines progress at any time during the course.
9. We will accept qualified students from any command on or outside the Beaufort Tri-Command area.
10. Students do not need orders from their unit to attend the course.
11. Commands must contact the school if their Marine needs a room (outside commands or single Marines with no vehicle). We will do our best to make space.
12. Messing is available.
13. Commands must submit nominations at least one week prior to the class start date. For enrollments or questions, contact Corporals Leadership Course at 228-7948/7919 (DSN 335) or BFRT_MCAS_CPLSCHL@usmc.mil. Please include the following information for enrollments: Rank, Last Name, First Name, EDIPI, Male/Female, Blood Type, TIG, TIS, DOR, EAS, SgtMaj /1stSgt Name & Phone number, Billeting Y / N.