Before a shipment can be shipped, the unit must complete a DD form 1149 shipping document.
1. In block 1 unit will enter their unit address
2. In block 2 enter the destination address
3. In block 3 put the destination department of defense activity address code.
4. In block 4 enter the transportation account code.
5. In block 5 enter the date the requisition was created.
6. In block 6 enter the requistion number.
7. In block 8 enter the priority code of the shipment.
8. In block (b) enter the nomenclature of the shipment.
9. Enter the length, width and height of shipment in the description box.
10. Enter total weight of shipment.